Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
WHAT IF I WAS INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
AFTER THE CRASH
How a chiropractor and physical therapist can aide in the rehabilitation to injuries to the spine, nerves and muscles caused by a car accident.
- If you have been in a car crash the most common injuries are to the upper spine, or your neck.
- Other common symptoms include joint pain, muscle pain, headaches, arm pain or leg pain.
- These symptoms occur when the vertebral joints and associated muscles and nerves are subjected to uncommon forces and movements in the accident.
- Some people develop pain, stiffness and other symptoms 7-10 days after an accident. This is not unusual. Do not delay in seeking help and treatment
- Effects of substantial crashes may recur over 6-18 months. For most people, the pain and other symptoms associated with spinal injury usually decreases with gradual return to normal activity.
- Most injuries are not serious and people often recover to their pre-accident condition. The amount of disruption to normal activities varies with the circumstances of the crash.
If you were injured in an car accident, in most cases you are entitled to rehabilitation care. Our chiropractor or physical Therapist will perform a thorough examination, provide a diagnosis/clinical impression, and discuss your rehabilitation options. At this time you will be asked for your automobile insurance and your claim number.